I just updated my Sony Aibo to the most recent (at time of this writing) version of the software. I’ve been anticipating this update for a long time and even gave a preview of it when it was first announced almost a year ago.
I recorded a video so you can hear the quieter (sort of) footsteps and lower bark volume.
Here is a complete list of the changes:
Firmware Update to Version 5.00
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
- Improves aibo’s ability to walk more attentively and intelligently:
- Allows aibo to walk with quieter footsteps and turn its body more attentively
- Allows aibo to climb over small rugs and mats
- Allows aibo to remember where it got stuck before and to slow down near those places
- Allows you to set the volume level of aibo’s voice to a lower level using the My aibo app or the aibo volume buttons
- Adds two additional volume levels, both lower than the previous level 1
- The volume level corresponding to the old volume level 1 will now be volume level 3
- The existing volume level will be automatically changed to the new equivalent volume level, meaning no action is needed if you want to keep the old volume level
Note: In addition to the aibo firmware update, the My aibo mobile app will also be updated at the same time. After the update, the aibo firmware will be 5.00, and the software version for the My aibo mobile app will be 5.0.0.