Affiliate links within this post may be commissionable.
Special Thanks to E-Win Racing who sent me this awesome gaming chair to review for my blog. Although I received the product for free, opinions expressed in this article are my own.
- Very sturdy! Supports my weight at 5 ft 4, 216 lbs. Has a steel frame, and memory foam.
- The memory foam is extremely firm, and even at 200+ lbs, there is no “sinking” feeling – it offers great support!
- Adjustable base to fit your height
- Seat back reclines to almost any position
- Cute design with bright color accents. Many different colors to choose from. And I love how the chair’s wheels look like little race car tires with rims/spokes. So cute!
- Ergonomic and comfortable! Perfect for gaming, graphic design, web development, programming, or office use. Any task where you will be at the computer for several hours straight.
- Affordable! E-Win Racing’s chairs start at $379. Many competitor’s Gaming Chairs go for 3 times this much! E-Win Racing also has sales and special promotions and has graciously provided a special discount for our readers for 10% off any order with code “sweetie”
- The team at E-Win Racing is knowledgeable and friendly and very responsive to any questions or concerns you might have.
- Neck pillow can’t be lowered enough to be useful/comfortable as a 5 ft 4 gamer girl – which is even more noticeable when reclining the seat back
- Instructions seem to need updating with new product photos and instructions which reflect how the product is shipped (some of the steps it had us do, were already done upon unpacking the chair)
- Would be nice if arm rests were adjustable somehow away/towards your body as it is almost a tight fit at 200 lbs. – They do offer XL Gaming Chairs though to help solve that issue and they can recommend the best chair for you based on your height and weight.
For this review, I selected the E-Win Champion Series 10 in the pink color at https://www.ewinracing.com/champion-series/10-ewin-champion-series-ergonomic-computer-gaming-office-chair-with-pillows-cpa.html
The staff at E-Win Racing are very knowledgeable and helpful! They told me they could help me select a chair if I sent them my height and weight – and maybe I should have requested their help… but I just selected one after browsing their site for a few minutes.
Probably for my size I may have been more comfortable in one of their XL gaming chairs. I can almost, but not really, kinda feel the arm rests brush my hips just slightly as I first sit down. That sensation only lasts a moment as I slide back into the chair. Kinda similar to a movie theater chair. I think depending on your body type, if you’re over 200 lbs you might want to look into their Extra Large Gaming Chairs. However, even at 216 lbs and 5 ft 4, the Ewin Champion Series 10, holds and supports my weight just fine. If you’re worried about the memory foam being too soft, I’d also like to point out that even at 200+ lbs, there is very little “Shrinkage” or “give” it is extremely firm, but not in an uncomfortable way, just in a “sturdy” kind of way. So you don’t have to worry about feeling like you’re sitting “in” the chair instead of “on” it. It is very supportive even for us plus sized gamers.
And since I’m short, if I’d gotten one any taller backed, the neck pillows may not have reached me. That’s actually one of my criticisms of the chair. I feel like the pillow is a bit high. It is adjustable, but even when it is down all the way, I have to sit up straight and stretch my neck to reach the pillow. The pillow “slippage” (or more accurate to say, my body/neck slipping away from the pillow) is more noticeable when I recline the seat back.
My other main criticism is not of the chair itself, but instead in some confusion and difficulty assembling the chair. Nothing major, but worth noting. We had the whole thing assembled in less than 15 minutes, but it appears the folks at E-Win Racing need to update their instruction manual as some of the pictures and instructions no longer match the product.
For example the first several steps when it was telling us to attach things, the pillows, some bolts, screws, etc – these all came preassembled – which was great, saved us a few steps, but left us confused as we were looking for various pieces a few minutes. In the end, the hydraulic cover didn’t seem to fit – I think it’s cosmetic, and I think it was just us being dumb lol. They consist of 3 black cups for lack of better word, that stack on top of each other and slip over the hydraulic base.
The hydraulic base itself, mine is painted black, and the one in the manual is silver, which confused my aunt who was helping me to assemble the chair while I took pictures for my review. She kept saying we were missing a piece which I don’t think we were.
We were left over with one black “cap” thing left, and this one black cap thing kinda looked like a tab was broken off as the other cap things had 3 tabs, and this one only had 2.
We also had a couple screws left. I’m thinking they sent a few spares maybe, but that also was a little confusing. I remember holding my breath as I sat down the first time, unsure if we had assembled it correctly, but I’ve been using it for 2 days now with no trouble.
Other than the few very minor issues mentioned above, assembly is a snap! And you do not need any tools!! They send 2 tools to help tighten up all the bolts, and even a pair of gloves to help protect your hands. Everything you need is right in the box which is so refreshing. You don’t need to have any special tools or make any special trips to the store to pick up tools or parts.
Also worth noting the box weighs 68 lbs and the chair itself is pretty heavy so if you’re a petite gamer girl, you may want to have some help putting it together, or dragging the box in from your doorstep lol. Speaking of boxes, the gaming chair shipped super quickly and arrived in about 3 days. It looks like it shipped from Ohio though and I’m right next door the next state over. I was still impressed with the speed of delivery and overall communication and service provided by the team at E-Win Racing.
One of my favorite things about the chair is the aesthetics and visual appeal. They have so many bright fun colors of gaming chairs on their site. I chose the pink and it’s a very pretty pink, not too pale/faded, and not too dark/red. They only offer the pink color on 2 or 3 of their models of chairs – which is a shame because it’s so hard as a gamer girl to find anything pink or kawaii. The wheels on the gaming chair are even made to look like race car tires with pink spokes – too cute! They offer so many cute accent colors, lime green, bright race-car red, beautiful cyan blue, and even all black if colors aren’t your thing — just to name a few!!
What I’d love to see some day is for E-Win racing to offer a line of chairs targeting gamer girls in bright/bold colors (with black stripes) (like reverse the color patterns of their current chairs) and maybe offer a line of chairs with a lower back? or at least more of a “slit” going a few inches further down the back of the chair to lower the pillow further, cuz most of us gamer girls are so short lol.
This chair is not only awesome for gaming, but also any other desk work. I’m also a graphic artist and web developer so I spend a long time at my desk. I also enjoy painting and other activities which require a desk and being in a chair a long time. Last year, I developed sciatic nerve pain from sitting so long at work.
Having a comfortable and ergonomic office chair is very important for your health and well being. As a gamer, I understand all too well how we can get lost in a game for hours on end. I’ve spent many a night, 8, 10, even 12 hours straight sitting and gaming without a break — we all know we should take better care of our bodies, but many of us tend to get lost in the game — for a gamer, or an artist, or programmer, or office worker, having a comfortable ergonomic office chair is not a luxury, it is a must have. Invest a little in your health, comfort, and well being now, to prevent costly and painful problems down the road.
As a featured sponsor on our blog, E-Win Racing has prepared a special offer for our readers, 10% off all orders with code “sweetie” at check out.
In 2006, Jenilee graduated with a BS in Emerging Technology and Design. In 2012 she obtained an MBA in Ecommerce. Jenilee currently works for a small manufacturing company designing websites, email marketing, digital advertising, and print advertising campaigns.
Connect with Jenilee on social media or visit her blog at http://geekysweetie.com
Latest posts by GeekySweetie (see all)
- Princess Maker 5 Review - October 14, 2018
- Google Chromecast Streaming Media Player. See It. Stream It. - October 10, 2018
- Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition for IOS - September 30, 2018