I joined Godaddy back in 1999. Aside from some other free very early websites back in the early 90s, like Geocities, Godaddy was the only web host provider I ever had. And I was perfectly happy with them. Any time I had an issue, which honestly, in and of itself was pretty rare, the support team was quick to fix it. I didn’t like the overly sexualized sensationalized advertising, but as a marketing professional myself, I understand that sometimes sex sells. I didn’t care – and honestly didn’t know – about the questionable ethics of both the company and of its founder. All I knew is my websites worked and it was cheap and that was good enough.
Around Christmas time I bought myself a “Dream Fairy Doll” on Aliexpress – At the time it was on sale, $59.99 for fullset. I bought it mostly for the outfit as I didn’t care that much for the face. But I figured the outfit alone was worth $59.99 and free shipping.
She comes with a faceup, shoes, socks, underwear, dress, accessories, 2 pairs of hands, rooted hair head (not a wig sadly), eyes, and even a painted manicure on one set of her hands. And she’s huge at 62 cm.
I picked up the NVIDIA Shield TV Gaming Edition on sale for $159 at Best Buy on Black Friday, regularly $199. I also had a $100 gift card to bestbuy from previous sponsored posts I’ve done for them. This is not a sponsored post. This is me providing my initial feedback of the device as I’ve now had it for five days. My end cost was $59.99
Earlier this year I purchased a Roku Express for I believe it was $29.99. It is the most basic cheapest Roku device, in hindsight I wish I’d purchased one with voice controls which I believe start around $49.99. I’ve had my Roku for about six months.
Table of Contents:
- To Support The Artists
- To Avoid Bullying or To Participate in Various Communities
- Higher Quality and Service
- Wider Selection of Dolls to Choose From
- To Protect the Value of the Dolls
- Lower Price
- Availability of Limited or Discontinued Dolls
- Hybrid Resin Matching
- Benefits of Purchasing New vs Used Dolls
- Availability of Fantasy or Unique Resin Colors
- Practicing Faceups and Modding
- New to the Hobby
- Quality vs Cost
- Dolls as a Gift
- Apathy towards 2nd Hand Market
- Apathy towards Community Issues
- Apathy towards Artists
- Apathy towards Bullies
- Morality of Buying Recast Dolls
- Selfishness, Impatience, and Greed
- Financial and Mental/Emotional Damage to Artists and Companies
- Cyber-bullying From Individuals with Strong Opinions Against Owning Recast Dolls
- You May Be Unable to Purchase Legit Dolls Once Labeled As Recast Friendly
- Possible Quality Control and Communication Issues
- Possible Health Concerns
- Legal Issues Surrounding Copyright
- Unable to Participate in Certain Communities
- Personal Experience with Bullying As a Result of Owning a Recast
- Personal Experience with Quality of Recast Dolls vs Legit
- Personal Feelings Towards Purchasing Recasts
- Personal Feelings Towards Purchasing Legits
- Personal Experience with Guilty Conscience As a Result of Owning a Recast
- Reason for Creating This Article
I recently purchased my first recast dolls (Shown in the featured image) (Sorry for the bad photo >.< I will update once their wigs and clothes arrive). Anyways, when I purchased these lil cuties I was nervous and not sure what to expect despite having done my own research as well. I own 13 and counting legit ABJD, and although I’m not super active in the doll communities I do like to share photos of my dolls and attend annual meetups or bring the dolls to conventions, and I have a small circle of about a dozen friends I’ve met through the hobby and I worried how owning a recast doll may damage those friendships.
My Top Earners and Highest Recommended Programs For You:
DealSpotr: Been here about a month, have made over $60 amazon vouchers. So simple. I get a lot of junkmail, do very little time searching out new “deals” – you get points for sharing deals, coupons, etc, or for “spotting” other users’ deals that they post. I really love this site. Also if you’re a blogger you get double points for life. AND if you use my referral link you get $5000 points for signing up which puts you HALF WAY to your first $10 Amazon Gift card – Sweet! My Linky: https://dealspotr.com/?join=GeekySweetie
I purchased the Spring Pusheen Box which is a quarterly subscription box filled with all Pusheen items (you can learn more at http://www.pusheenbox.com/) – Sorry no video this time; I was so excited that I opened it right away – but I did take lots of pics. I promise I will do a video review for the Summer Pusheen Box. This box is REALLY cute. I have a grey tabby/maine coon too that reminds me so much of Pusheen – that’s why he’s one of my favorite webcomics / characters.